CAT in the HAT photo


This is pretty self explanatory!  It was lots of fun-
First we read the cat in the hat and then we spread out a large white sheet & collected things that resembled the cats first trick.
it's fun to have fun, you just have to know how.
I can hold up a cup & the milk and the cake and the fish on a rake, I can hold the toy ship and a little toy man and look i can fan with the fan as i hop on the ball"  Dr. Seuss (the cat in the Hat).

OK so its a little different, but you make do with what you have. I wasn't going to give him a huge dirty garden rake so instead his little broom and I wasn't going to make him a cake so a cup cake with a paper candle will do, and I drew the fish in the bowl. I didn't trust giving him milk so a empty sippy cup worked well enough & well the hat is simply red paper strips glued on an A4 paper that dimples glued together himself- It was so funny.
I did have a toy ship. a ball& a toy (lego) man on hand.
After I showed him the pictures he declared "That was FUN, lets do it again!"

8 comments:

  1. What a WONDERFULLY, fun idea!! LOVE it. I shared it with my Facebook readers here:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Life-Intentionally/261252997248957 - Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Have a great weekend,
    Beth =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was, hands down, the BEST Dr. Seuss idea I saw! I included you in my post today so please stop by....http://mylittlehappies.blogspot.com/2012/03/dr-seuss-play-date-life-lessons.html
    Thanks so much for the inspiration! Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos! Great post. Following you from KBN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    My name is Amy and I write The Brilliant Blog for Children's Books. In honor of Read Across America and Dr. Seuss' birthday next week, I created a post featuring great ideas I found from around the blogosphere. I featured the activity from this post and credited your site with the activity and photograph used. The page can be viewed at: http://thebrilliantblogforchildrensbooks.blogspot.com/2013/02/read-across-america-only-week-away.html.

    Thank you,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...